Cambridge Strawberry Shorts is a well established and respected short film festival run under the umbrella of Cambridge Cinema Shorts. The festival is an important event in the Cambridge City calender. It enjoys national support and has international recognition. Each year we try to add a little extra, keeping it fresh and alive, and encouraging continued interest with year round supporting events.
This year there will be three awards presented, The Judges Award, The Audience Award and a new award added late into the last years selection process, The Viewing Panel Award (who better to judge, we watch every film submitted, many of them several times). The winners of all three will be announced at the end of the festival.
Because of time restrictions and programming considerations many films submitted cannot, but deserve to be included in the festival. To redress this injustice commendations will be awarded. A listing will be published in the programme, film makers informed and all these films will be screened at public events in Cambridge over the rest of the year.
Films can be of any genre but should be less than 20 minutes long. There is no submission fee so long as entries are submitted to us on DVD’s, (see below for alternative submission method).
Strawberry Shorts is a genuine festival complete with an enthusiastic audience and good press coverage. Close of entry is Saturday 8th April 2017.
This year we have buckled to the increasing pressure to except downloads. That said, its not all good news for the ‘press button to submit’ fans, as, where Strawberry Shorts will remain a free to enter festival for DVD submissions because of the considerable amount of time, expense and bother on line submissions cause us we will have to charge a fee for submission by download. (See submissions page for details)
All films received will be watched and considered by the viewing panel and the final selection will be screened at the festival.
To determine The Audience Award all members will receive voting slips on arrival at the festival and will be asked to join in the voting procedure at the end of the screening. Winners of all awards will then be announced at the close of the festival.
Further details of venue and times will be available closer to date, so please continue to visit our web site for information and news on this and other forthcoming events.
How To Submit A Film
To submit a film you must first complete and submit the online submission form. A link to the form is given below.
After submitting the form you will receive an email, to the email address you gave in the form. The email will contain a link to our permission slip. If you do not receive this email please check your spam folder. If you still cannot find the email, mail us at email@example.com.
You need to download, complete and sign the permission slip.
If you are submitting by DVD mailed to our festival office, the permission slip must be mailed together with a region free PAL or NTSC DVD of your film, to the address given on the slip.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept computer files, on data DVDs.
If you are submitting by download link, you must scan or photograph the signed permission slip and email it to our festival office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of your film and after the close of submissions you will be advised by emailed whether or not your film has been selected.
Submission by DVD posted to our festival office is FREE. However, there is a submission fee of 20 GBP for submission by download link. If you submit by download link, please include the download link and any additional information in the download link field of the submission form. If you submit by download link, you will receive an email PayPal invoice for the submission fee, within seven days. Once this invoice is payed, we will download and forward your film to our submissions panel. When a film is downloaded, you will receive an email confirming this.
We accept YouTube and Vimeo links. Also we accept Dropbox and WeTransfer. If you are submitting by download link, be sure to include any passwords that are needed for download, in the download link field on the submission form.
Please be patient. The Cambridge Strawberry Short Film Festival receives no grant aid or sponsorship and is an entirely volunteer run organisation. So it may take a little time to acknowledge your film submission.
- There is no submission fee for DVD submission to our festival office.
- There is a submission fee of 20 GBP for submission by download link.
- If you are submitting by DVD, you need to download, print off, fill out and sign our permission slip. A link to the permission slip will be emailed to you after you submit the above online form. The permission slip must be mailed together with a DVD of your film, to the address given on the slip. We cannot screen your film without a signed permission slip.
- The only type of DVD we accept are region free PAL or NTSC DVD.
- We do not accept data DVDs.
- If you are submitting by download link, you must download and sign the permission slip. The slip must then be scanned or photographed and emailed to our festival office at email@example.com. We cannot screen your film without a signed permission slip.
- We accept films in any genre under 20 minutes in length.
- We accept multiple entries from the same filmmaker. Each entry must be accompanied by its own signed permission slip.
- All selected films will be part of our competitive programme.
- If your films dialog is not in English, it will require BURNT IN English subtitles.
- All films submitted are retained in our archive and with filmmaker permission may be selected for screening at future events,
- We do not return submitted films.
- The close of submissions is Saturday 8th April 2017. No film received after this date will be considered for selection.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of your film and after the close of submissions you will be advised by email whether or not your film has been selected.
- The Cambridge Strawberry Shorts Film Festival 2017 runs on the evening of Friday the 2nd of June 2017.
- For more information on film submission email firstname.lastname@example.org.