Cambridge Strawberry Shorts is a well established and respected short film festival run under the umbrella of Cambridge Cinema Shorts. The festival is an important event in the Cambridge City calender. It enjoys national support and has international recognition. Each year we try to add a little extra, keeping it fresh and alive, and encouraging continued interest with year round supporting events.
There will be two awards presented, The Judges Award and The Audience Award. The winners will be announced at the end of the festival and the winners presented with La Fraise d’Or.
Because of time restrictions and programming considerations many films submitted cannot, but deserve to be included in the festival. To redress this injustice commendations will be awarded. A listing will be published in the programme, film makers informed and all these films will be screened at public events in Cambridge during the rest of the year.
Films can be of any genre but should be less than 20 minutes long. There is no submission fee and the closing event is a genuine festival complete with an enthusiastic audience and good press coverage. Close of entry is Saturday 18th April 2015.
Films will be short-listed by a viewing panel and the final selection will be screened at the festival. All audience members will receive voting slips on arrival so they can vote for The Audience Award. Further details of venue and times will be available closer to date, so please continue to visit our web site for information and news on this and other forthcoming events.
How To Submit A Film
To submit a film you must complete and submit the online submission form. A link to the form is given below.
After submitting the form you will receive an email, to the email address you gave in the form. The email will contain a link to our permission slip. If you do not receive this email please check your spam folder. If you still cannot find the email, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must download, print off, complete and sign the permission slip. You then need to return the signed permission slip together with a region free PAL or NTSC DVD of your film, to our festival office. The address of our festival office is given on the permission slip.
You will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of your film and after the close of submissions you will be advised by emailed whether or not your film has been selected.
Please be patient. The Cambridge Strawberry Short Film Festival receives no grant aid or sponsorship and is an entirely volunteer run organisation. So it may take a little time to acknowledge your film submission.
PLEASE NOTE: The only form of submission we accept is by region free PAL or NTSC DVD together with a signed permission slip mailed to our festival office. We accept no other form of submission. Specifically we do not accept computer files, file transfer links or video hosting links.
- There is no submission fee.
- We only accept films on region free PAL or NTSC DVD.
- We accept films in any genre under 20 minutes in length.
- We accept multiple entries from the same filmmaker. Each entry must be accompanied by its own signed permission slip.
- All selected films will be part of our competitive programme.
- If your films dialog is not in English, it will require English subtitles.
- All films submitted are retained in our archive and with filmmaker permission may be selected for screening at future events.
- We do not return submitted films.
- The close of submissions is Saturday 18th April 2015. No film received after this date will be considered for selection.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of your film and after the close of submissions you will be advised by email whether or not your film has been selected.
- The Cambridge Strawberry Shorts Film Festival 2015 runs on the evening of Friday the 5th of June.
- For more information on film submission email email@example.com.